OnePlus has rolled out the Android Nougat update, named OxygenOS 4.1.1 for its duo flagships: OnePlus 3 and 3T with a lot of new features. One of the new changes is that this update has modified slightly the System UI for better use. However, if you are not interested in and want to get a better System UI for your handset, we’re here to help you.
The new modified System UI brings many changes, including Red accent color, a bit darker blue color, 360* Degrees rotation, and more. But before starting the process, you should first meet some pre-requirements.
- First, you should make a backup of all data, photos, documents, call logs, music, videos, apps etc in case something might go wrong.
- Your OnePlus 3/ 3T must be installed a custom recovery like (TWRP recovery) to flash the modified System UI file.
- You also need a computer to download the file and a USB cable for the connectivity
- Enable the USB Debugging in Developer Option
- You also need to install the OnePlus driver, otherwise the device will not get detected in computer
- Keep the battery percentage at least 50%.
Also read: Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 3.5.5
Steps to Flash the New SystemUI on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- First of all, download the modified SystemUI file for your OnePlus 3/3T from here and then save it on your computer (preferable on desktop).
- Plug your device to your computer and transfer the downloaded file into the internal storage.
- Unplug your device, switch it off, and then boot it into the custom recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on “Install ” option and select the file that you just moved in.
- Don’t make any wipe, including Cache and Dalvik.
- Once the process is completed, return to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”
That’s all you have to do. Now wait for a while and then you can enjoy the new SystemUI on your OnPlus 3/3T. In case you face any issue, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.