Hello all Moto G4 Plus users! Motorola finally released the official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update for the Moto G4 Plus device. So, you can now test and run the latest Android software version on your mid-range Android smartphone. However, as you know, the OTA is currently available in limited markets only, so if you have not currently received the Nougat notification don’t panic – simply follow the given steps to learn how to manually update your Moto G4 to the official Android 7.0 Nougat OS.
As it’s an official update, so it will not affect to the warranty or cause bugs, get bricked for your device. But before flashing the update, you also should make note something:
- Your handset shouldn’t be rooted or tweaked in any other apps and run on stock firmware
- Don’t forget to make a full backup of your important data to keep out of unwanted issues
- Need a computer already installed Android SDK tool
- Your computer needs to install the Moto G4 Plus USB driver
- Keep your device battery at least 50% left to ensure nothing wrong happens during the update
- Turn on the Developer Option on your handset by tapping 7 times repeatedly on Built Number from Settings > About Phone. Then toggle USB Debugging to On
How to update Moto G4 Plus to official Android 7.0 Nougat
Apply the OTA manually, from the SD card
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update package from here.
- Then, place on desktop.
- Connect your Moto G4 Plus with your computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer the OTA file into the phone’s internal storage.
- Go to the Android SDK folder and open a cmd window by pressing and holding the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space of the computer screen.
- In the cmd, type adb reboot recovery and wait for your Moto G4 Plus to boot in the recovery mode
- From recovery mode, just select “Apply update from SD card” and then the device will load the OTA firmware file.
- Once completed, reboot your smartphone and enjoy.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Custom Rom on Moto X 2014
Use the ADB Sideload Method
- Download the OTA file above on your computer and then place it into the ADB folder
- Navigate to it and open a cmd window.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer.
- In the cmd window, type in “adb reboot recovery” and wait your device shows up the recovery
- From recovery, select “ADB sideload” and then enter “adb sideload (replace this field with the OTA.zip filename) in the cmd window
- When the process is successful, reboot your Motorola Moto G4 Plus and enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat
Perfect! You have now successfully installed the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on your Moto G4 Plus. In case of any issues, feel free to bring me back in the comment below. I shall share solutions for you.