The official Android Nougat update is available for the Huawei P9 Lite. The 1.5GB firmware package in size is now available via OTA so it should be automatically received by your device. But if you have not got the update notification yet and are in a hurry to taste Android Nougat, then you can try the alternate method by flashing the Nougat firmware using computer.
Based on the latest EMUI 5.0, the Android 7.0 Nougat is expected to bring a number of new features as well as improvements with existing bug fixes for your Huawei P9 Lite. If you love your handset and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before that you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your Huawei P9 Lite before starting the update as this guide is meant only for VNS-L21C185B360, VNS-L21C10B360, VNS-L31C185B360 and VNS-L31C636B361 model numbers. Implementing the procedure on other devices might brick the device. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Huawei P9 Lite should be backed up completely before the update as it would format all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the installation.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Huawei P9 Lite drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First, download the compatible update file for your own P9 Lite (two files are required): for VNS-L21C185B360 model (from hereand from here), for VNS-L21C10B360 (from here and here); for VNS-L31C185B360 (from here and this page); for VNS-L31C636B361 model (from here and here)
- Save these files on your computer and unzip the file in the same location.
- Create a new folder on your computer and name ‘dload’, then put the unzipped files in this directory.
- Turn on your device and plug it to your computer
- Transfer the dload folder into the root directory of your device’s SD card. Once done, remove the USB cable.
- Now, launch the phone dialer app on your phone, press: *#*#2846579#*#*
- Next, choose Project Menu – > Software upgrade – > SDcard upgrade – > confirm the flashing process.
- The update package will now be automatically installed.
- Once done, reboot your smartphone.
Also read: How to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat Update on Xiaomi Mi5
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Huawei P9 Lite to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest Nougat features in your Huawei P9 Lite Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.