You have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 phablet and you might want to install the latest TWRP Recovery in it to customize your handset. As the handset comes with a stock recovery image, so it just allows to access minimal into your Android OS. But by installing a Custom recovery for your device, you can make more with your Smartphone in a way you want.
This latest Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 is the version no 3.0.2. 1 developed by the xda-developers. It is a customized version of the stock and official TWRP recovery, so it will not occur any issues with your Galaxy Tab A. So if you want to enjoy this stable Custom Recovery image on your device, just do the following steps in this post. Remember not to skip any single step as it might brick or bug your device.
This tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280, do not on any other device.
You must know that installing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A in the given tutorial is your own responsibility and we, TechGipsy, will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss or other issues with your device, that might occur because of the installation. Therefore, we recommend reading the article carefully before starting the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280 device, a Windows PC, and a USB cable
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and unzip the file
- Make sure Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer
- Download the TWRP Recovery image file
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your Tab A in Settings> Developer options
- Make a full back up of all important data of your Galaxy Tab A SM-T280
- Before starting the installation, ensure that your device has at least 65% power.
Now follow the Step-By-Step-Guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T280.
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy SM-T819Y to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Steps to Flash
- First, boot your Tab A SM-T280into Odin mode by powering off the phone and then pressing its Volume Downbutton, Home Button & Power Button After that, press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Tab A into Odin mode.
- Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display the “added” line, that means the connection of your Tab A with your PC is successful.
- Now open Odin, and click on “AP/PAD” box and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted TWRP Recovery folder. Remember that re-partition in Option tab is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 2-3 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab A reboots.
That’s done! You will not face any issues to flash the TWRP File on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. In case you still face any issues, contact us in the comment section. We shall be here to help you out.