Dear all HTC U Ultra users! Do you know that you can now install the TWRP on your device? Doing this can remove the factory restrictions and allow you to customize your device as the way you want. Since the HTC U Ultra device comes with a stock recovery image, so it makes the minimal access after providing your access to make changes within your Android OS. But by updating your device with a Custom recovery, you can customize your U Ultra as your hobby.
This latest Custom Recovery for your HTC U Ultra carries the version number 3.1 and has been developed by the TWRP Team, so it will not cause any issues in your handset. If you are interested in installing this stable Custom Recovery image on your device, then just follow the given steps in this article. Make sure not to skip a single step as it might end in bricking or bugging your device.
The tutorial is distinctively prepared for HTC U Ultra, so you must not use it for any other device as doing this can make your device get certain bricks and bugs.
Moreover, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your HTC Ultra is your sole responsibility and we will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss or other issues of your device, that might occur during the installation. So, you are already read and understand the article properly before you start the installation.
- Android SDK platform tool pre-installed on your Windows PC
- Original USB Type -C Cable to connect your U Ultra with your computer.
- Make a full backup of all important data of your device
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Option of your device by going to Settings -> About, finding the Build Number and tapping on it 7 times to enable Developer Settings
- Before starting the installation, ensure that your device has at least 50% battery left to keep out of unwanted issues.
Also see: How to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On7 via Odin
Now follow the Step-By-Step-Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your HTC U Ultra device.
Steps to Flash TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- On your computer, access thispage and download the TWRP recovery package.
- Open a cmd in Android SDK folder by holding the Shift key while right-clicking on any blank space and type “adb reboot download”
- Move the downloaded file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries and rename the image to img, and type
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
You device will reboot and That should be all. The TWRP custom recovery has successfully been installed on tour HTC U Ultra. Enjoy it!