You feel bored with the stock Android UI on your HTC and want to root, or dig further into your handset, and then a custom recovery like TWRP is the best thing to help you do that. The stock recovery off your HTC U Ultra just gives you a minimal access, but things will be different with third-party recoveries as it can help you do many thing as your liking.
So, If do you want it on your U Ultra, let’s show you how to easily install TWRP Recovery on your handset. However, before starting the process, you should meet some requirements so that the procedure can be as smooth as possible.
- First, back up all your important data into a safe place.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your U Ultra by going to Settings > About phone, scroll down and tap 7 times on the “Build Number” until you see a message saying you are now a developer. Then back to the Settings, and tap “Developer Options” and enable “USB Debugging” option.
- Also unlock bootloader off your device or your U Ultra must be S-Off.
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers and install it on your computer. Remember to install your device drivers which are neccessary for completing the process
- Charge your handset battery to at least 50%.
- This guide is only for HTC U Ultra, so you must not try it on other devices.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U Ultra
- First, download TWRP Recovery for your HTC U Ultra and put it in the folder of the ADB tool.
- Now rename it to ‘img’ for flashing more easily.
- Next, in the ADB folder, press and hold the Shift key while right click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now plug your U Ultra to the computer and enter: adb reboot download in cmd
- To check your connection, enter adb device. If you should see serial number, that means your device is properly connected.
- Now, enter fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to start flashing recovery on your device.
- Wait TWRP recovery is being flashed. Once done, remove the USB cable and reboot your phone.
Also read: How to Update HTC One Mini 2 Android 7.1.1 Lineage OS ROM
Now you have successfully installed the TWRP custom recovery on your HTC U Ultra. If you want to boot your device into the custom recovery, just press and hold Volume Down and the Home buttons.