You’ve updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat and you want to install a TWRP Recovery on your device to remove the factory restrictions as well as customize the device as your hobby. Initially, every Samsung device always comes with a stock recovery image, and it gives you a little access to make changes within your Android Nougat OS. However, you can now install a Custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 5.
This Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 brings the version number 3.1.0-0 and it will not cause any issues in your Galaxy Tab Note 5. If you are interested in installing this stable Custom Recovery image on your device, you should then follow the given steps in this post. Remember not to skip any single step as it might end in bricking or bugging your device.
The tutorial is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, so you must not use it on any other device as doing this can make your device get certain bricks.
Moreover, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is your own responsibility and we will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss, or other issues of your device. So, you are highly recommended to read the article carefully before you start the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- One Windows computer pre-installed Samsung USB driver
- Original Data Cable to connect your Note 5 with your computer.
- Create a full backup of important data on your tablet.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Option of your Note 5.
- Before starting the installation, ensure that your device has at least 50% battery left to keep out of unwanted issues.
Now follow the step-by-step guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 5 tablet.
Also see: How to Modify SystemUI for OxygenOS 4.1.1 on OnePlus 3 and 3T
Steps to Update
- First, download the TWRP Recovery package for your Note 5 and save it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip then unzip it.
- Then put your Galaxy Tab Note 5 into Odin mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power Button & Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Up Button when you see a warning message on the screen, to put your tablet into Odin mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Note to your PC.
- Now launch Odin and you will see the button-left corner of Odin display a message after the connection is successful.
- Click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the downloaded file. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next, untick the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and then press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 3-4 minutes. Wait until it finishes.
- Now, reboot to recovery by holding Power + Home + Vol Up buttons. You’ll see the TWRP recovery.
That’s all! You will not face any issues following the given procedure to flash the TWRP file on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. In case there is something wrong, ping us back in the comment section, we shall share some solutions for you.