Are you a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T Smartphone user? Then I have a fabulous news for you. XDA Develop team has recently introduced a brand new custom ROM named Resurrection Remix v5.8.1 to bring Android 7.0 Nougat for your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T. But you might think how to flash it! Don’t worries as I have a step-by-step guide just for you here. Updating your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 following this article is quite easy and takes few minutes only. Just follow the given steps below. But before that you need to make note certain requirements, so that neither your update will be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Check the name and model of your Android device carefully before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T users & hence you shouldn’t use it in any other devices. Apart, you will also lose the warranty of your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 because of the update. Your device might brick, get bugged or you might get issues unfamiliar on your device for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So proceed only if you understand what you will do.
Before initiating the update process you must root your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T and you need to install the latest Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) on it. Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4. If you use this ROM in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your Android device before starting the update. Install the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your handset successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown of your device during the update. Now let’s look at the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the Resurrection Remix v5.8.1 Rom and Gapps file for your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4.
- Then connect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 to your PC via USB and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode
- Then select “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file, which you moved to your SD Card in step II. Now click on Install.
- Follow the same procedure to install the gapps file on your Galaxy Note.
- Wait still both the files get flashed on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Congratulation! Now you have successfully installed the Resurrection Remix v5.8.1 ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T. This Custom ROM will help you enjoy a new number of Android 7.0 Nougat on your handset and will allow you to customize your device in a way you want. If any issues created during the update, then feel free to get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.