Dear all Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users! Can you believe that the ROM firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S8 can now be ported on your S7 Edge device. If you are eager to experience this ROM, we’re now here to help you. Just follow the step-by-step guide below and you will be able to get the Rom just in few minutes. Although this is a ported ROM, it is stable and smoothly runs on your handset. However, before flashing the Rom, you need to meet some certain pre-requirements.
First, your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge needs to be rooted and installed with the latest custom recovery (we always recommend installing TWRP on your device). Moreover, you should also make a full backup for your Galaxy S7 Edge in case your data might get lost during the update. You also need to enable the USB Debugging option on your handset. Among other important needs, keep at least 60% power backup to avoid unwanted issue during flashing the ported
Steps to flash the Ported S8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- If your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge isn’t running on the Android Nougat OS, before doing the following steps, you have to flash the latest Modem and Bootloader via Odin first.
- Next, download the Ported S8 ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Then plug your smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and then move the Ported ROM file into the sd card/internal storage of your device.
- After that, turn off your handset, unplug the USB and put it into custom recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+ Power + Home Buttons altogether. Then press the Volume Down button to boot into Custom Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Then tap on “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the ROM file that you moved into.
- Now flash the Ported ROM file on your device and wait for the process to finish
- Once the process is completed, return to the Main Recovery Menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also see: How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the bootup to finish. Great! Now you can test all new features of Samsung Galaxy S8 on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section. We shall find out some solution for you.