After a long wait, the official Nougat update based on Android 7.1.1 version is being rolled out for all Nubia Z11 users. Along with the new Nubia-UI 5.0, the update also packs with the optimization for the Google Calendar. Two months ago, the beta build of Android 7.1.1 for Nubia Z11 was made available for all users.
The latest update is being rolled out through OTA and will be gradually reaching to your device. It will take about 1.8GB of your storage for the file size. So, in this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update through both OTA and manual installation.
Besides the newer Android version, the update also comes with the new UI 5.0. This Nougat update is also guaranteed to bring forth important changes and fixes.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Nubia-UI 5.0
- Bug fixes
- Optimization for Google Calendar Reminder
- Various System improvements
Install Update Via OTA
Your device can automatically get the update as it rolls. But if you can’t wait, you can also manually install the OTA using the local upgrade.
How To Install OTA Directly
- Go to Settings > Device > Local Update
- If there is an update available, your device will download it
- Choose the update in the folder to save the file after the download
- Now, simply proceed with the update
Also see: How To Flash Android 7.1.1 On Samsung Galaxy J7 2015
Manually Install Android 7.1.1 Update On Nubia Z11
Besides the local update, you can also manually download and then install stock Android 7.1.1 ROM if you can’t wait. Let’s start with how to do this.
But before getting started, you should note some things first:
- Back up all your important data in case something goes wrong
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50% to avoid unexpected issue
- After flashing the update, you will no longer be able to return Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
Here is the official link to download the official Android 7.1.1 firmware for ZTE Nubia Z11.
Stock Android 7.1.1 ROM For Z11 – Download
Steps To Manually Install Android 7.1.1 On Z11
- Download the stock ROM as the link above to your computer
- Now, plug your device into the computer with the help of USB cable
- Move the update file into the external/internal storage of your phone
- On your device, go to Settings > System Updates
- Now, tap on three vertical dots at the top right corner and choose Local Upgrade
- In settings > system updates, continue to tap on three dots to expand the option
- Tap on the first option that means Local Update to perform the installation
- Now, choose the update file from the folder and select if you want to install it immediately or take a backup first.
That’s all! Wait for the process to complete. Once done your device will automatically reboot. You can now enjoy the Android 7.1.1 OS on your Nubia Z11. In case of any issue, let’s know in the comment, we’ll find out the solution for you.