NEW YORK, NY – AUGUST 13: General atmosphere of Samsung Unpacked 2015 featuring the Galaxy S6 edge+ on August 13, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images for Samsung)
Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge? Do you want to experience the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Smartphone? Then a new Lineage Custom ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat is available to meet your Android Nougat requirements. But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your device! Just follow the step-by-step guide below and you will get the update just in few minutes.
Post update, you can test this new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge instantly. But there is possible that your device might face few issues or bugs due to this update, as this an unofficial Custom ROM. Remember, we shall not take responsible if anything such happens to your device during the Custom ROM update. It’s all your own responsibility.
Besides, your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) needs to be rooted and installed with the latest TWRP Recovery before update. Apart, you need to make a full backup for your Galaxy S6 Edge as your data might vanish during the update. You must install the Samsung USB drivers on your device to make it connect easily to your PC. You also need to enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before. Among other important needs, maintain at least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- First of all, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage ROM & Gapps for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Then connect your smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the internal storage of your device. After that switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+ Power + Home Buttons altogether. Then press the Volume Down button to boot your device into Custom Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and select the files that you moved to your internal storage one after another.
- Now flash the files one after another in your Android device and wait still the firmware is flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Once the process is completed, go back to the Main Recovery Menu in your device, and select “reboot system now.”
Also see: How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the update to finish. Great! Now you can test the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section. We shall find out some solution for you.