Dear all Sony Z3 Compact users! Your device is running quite outdated Android version and you want to update your Z3 Compact to the newer Android OS, but don’t know how to do. Today, we have good news for you. Your handset can now be updated to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS Rom. You will have all new Nougat features on your handset and its performance over stock Android will be improved. Here is a step-by-step guide to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM on your Z3 Compact.
The LineageOS ROM for Z3 Compact is still in the development, so it’s recommended only for the advanced Android users. If you are not an advanced Android user and don’t have any idea on Android tweaking, you should not take your own risk.
Before installing the Custom ROM update, you have to root your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and then install the latest Custom Recovery (TWRP) on it. Also you need to make a full backup of your data before starting update. Finally, you should maintain at least 50% power battery left to avoid unpleasant issues during the update.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to Android Nougat LineageOS ROM
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your Smartphone.
- Next, plug your device to your PC using an original USB and transfer both the downloaded files to the SD card/internal storage of your Smartphone.
- Then switch off your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, unplug the USB cable and put your handset into Custom Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the LineageOS ROM file.
- After that, swipe to start the installation process. Wait until the installation process is finished.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
- Once done, return to the TWRP mode menu and select “reboot system now”.
Cỏngatulation! Now you have successfully flashed the Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Xperia Z3 Compact. Following the steps, you can easily finish the update process and should not face any issues. If you still face any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try out a solution for you.