LG G2 might be an outdated Android smartphone but we know many of you are still using it as a main driver or a backup smartphone. So if you do have the T-Mobile LG G2 and you might want to get some good news, we now have for you. That’s the Android 7.1 Nougat firmware based on the Lineage OS can be now flashed successfully on your T-Mobile LG G2. But how to flash this firmware on your Smartphone? Very simple. You will be guided through the steps here. Read the steps properly before initiating the process.
Before starting the update, you must create a Nandroid backup for your T-Mobile G2. But your Smartphone need to be rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image first. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone for this update; else, this might create hindrance on your installation process. You should install the LG G2 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone could face some issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the Lineage ROM and Gapps for your T-Mobile LG G2 Smartphone.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the inbuilt storage of your device. After switching off your LG G2, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your internal storage. Install the Lineage OS Rom and the Gapps on your T-Mobile LG G2
- Wait still the files are flashed on your T-Mobile LG G2 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) to Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM
That’s all! Wait till your device reboots. Once rebooted, your T-Mobile LG G2 will be all ready to taste the new Android Nougat Lineage OS Rom. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.