Dear all LeEco 1S smartphone users! Your device can now update their device based Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS custom ROM which is modified version of CyanogenMod. Installing this ROM will add features and tweaks that will help your device run smoother. This great ROM has several other features, so you should know how to get it installed on your device now.
But before proceeding, you must create a Nandroid backup for your LeEco 1S. Also, your Smartphone need to be rooted, unlock boot loader and install with the latest TWRP Custom Recovery image first. Among the pre-requirements, you should disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone for this update; else, this might create hindrance on your installation process. You should install the LeEco 1S drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face some issues or might entertain bugs that won’t be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the Android LineageOS ROM and Gapps for your LeEco 1S Smartphone.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and transfer the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the inbuilt storage of your device. After switching off your handset, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to clear out data and cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and select the files one after another that you moved to your internal storage. Install the Lineage OS Rom and the Gapps on your LeEco 1S
- Wait still the files are flashed on your device.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 With Lineage OS
That’s all! Wait until your device reboots. Once rebooted, your LeEco 1S will be all ready to taste the new Android Nougat LineageOS Rom. With the given steps, your device will restart normally, but in case you face any issues, remember to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting Techiesprout for latest Android updates, rooting and news.