A brand new Android Nougat Custom ROM is just recently released for the 2013 LTE Google Nexus devices. You can now flash the Android 7.1 Nougat on your 2013 LTE Google Nexus and all credit for this goes to the CM team who has brought this new ROM for the Nexus users. But how to flash this firmware on your handset? It’s very easy. You will be guided through the steps in this post. Read the steps properly before performing the process.
Before updating, you should create a Nandroid backup for your handset. But before that you must root your 2013 LTE Google Nexus and install a Custom Recovery image. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone and PC for this update so that this can create hindrance on your installation process. You need to install the Android SDK drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or might entertain bugs, so we, Techgipsy, will not take responsibile. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM and Gapps for your 2013 LTE Google Nexus
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card/internal storage of your device. After that, switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB cable and boot your device into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to clear data and cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your 2013 LTE Google Nexus
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) to Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM
That’s all! Wait still your device reboots. Once rebooted, your 2013 LTE Google Nexus is now ready to run the new Android 7.1 Nougat specs on your handset. With the given steps, you will not face any issues. But in case you face any, remember to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting, and news.