Great news for Oppo R5/R5s users that is your device can now update to Android 7.1 Nougat with Custom CM14.1 Rom. This Rom is based on the latest CM14.1 build of Android 7.1 Nougat build & adds a number of new features to your device. Here is how to update your Oppo R5/R5s Smartphone with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Oppo R5/R5s might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now the question is how to install this ROM on your Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. We will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Besides, you need to create a complete backup for your device as your device data can get lost during the update. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 75% power left to avoid unwanted issues during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Oppo R5/R5s
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat on Oppo R5/R5s
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your R5/R5s
- Then connect your device to your PC via USB and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, power off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Oppo R5/R5s.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Oppo R5/R5s. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.