The OnePlus 3 users are getting Android 7.0 Nougat beta version for their devices. But if you cannot wait experiencing full newest features of Android 7.1 Nougat on your handset, we have solution for you. Now you can update your device to the latest Android7.1 with CM14.1 Rom. Here is how to update your OnePlus 3 to Android 7.1
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your OnePlus 3 might probably have unwanted issues which you have never seen before. But before meeting the pre-requirements, we will not take responsible, so only proceed for the update if you want to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Besides, you need to create a full backup for your device as your device data can get lost during the update. Among other important notes, you need to disable any antivirus app if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 75% power left to keep out of unwanted issues during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on OnePlus 3.
Steps to install Android 7.1 Nougat on OnePlus 3
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your OnePlus 3
- Then connect your device to your PC via USB and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your handset.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once the process is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your OnePlus 3. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.