Hello Moto Maxx users! Today, I have great news for you. Now your Moto Maxx can now be upgraded to Android 7.1 Nougat with CM14.1 Rom. The Custom ROM is based on newest CM14.1 build with full new features of Android 7.1 Nougat and adds a number of improvements to your device. Now in this article, we shall show you the steps to update your Motorola Moto Maxx Smartphone to Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Moto Maxx might probably get issues that you have never faced before. Now there is a question that how to install this ROM on your Motorola Moto Maxx. It’s a very simple process and you can do it yourself just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. TechGipsy will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, you will need to unlock bootloader your device then install with the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Apart, you need to create a full backup for your Moto Maxx in case your device data vanishes during the update. You also need to install the Moto Maxx driver to make it connect easily to your PC. You should activate the USB debugging option on your Android device as well, before the update. Among other important needs, you need to maintain at least 50% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Motorola Moto Maxx.
How to install flash Android 7.1 Nougat on Motorola Maxx
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Moto Maxx
- Then connect your Moto Maxx to your PC via USB and then copy the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, power off your Moto Maxx, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Moto Maxx.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu in your Mi4 and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now your device is available for Android 7.1 Nougat features. In case of any issues, ping me back in comment section, I shall find out some solution for you.