Hello you, guys! Today, we bring great news for you, Xiaomi mi4 users. Your Mi4 can now upgrade to the latest Android 7.1 version with Cm14.1 ROM. This ROM is a free, community build ROM that aims at augmenting the functionalities of Android 7.1 Nougat. The Custom ROM is based on newest CM14.1 build & adds a number of improvements to your handset. Now in this article, we shall show you the steps to update your Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphone with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Xiaomi Mi4 might probably undergo issues which you have never faced before. Now question arises, How to install this ROM on your Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. TechGipsy will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
Also see: Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4 Pro in China for just $135
Besides, you need to unlock bootloader as well as root your Mi4 and install with the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your device as your device data might vanish during the update. You must install the Mi drivers on your device to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update and after disable it. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device and PC. Maintain at least 60% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi4
Steps to flash Android 7.1 CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi4
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Xiaomi Mi4.
- Then connect your Xiaomi Mi4 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After that, power off your Xiaomi Mi4, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Xiaomi Mi4.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the Xiaomi Mi4 CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu in your Mi4 and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can test the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Xiaomi Mi4. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.