Hello all Xiaomi Mi 5S users! If you feel bored with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version, and you want to update to your handset to the newer Android version but don’t how to do, we now have great news for you. Your Mi 5S can now update to the latest Android 7.1.1 with Resurrection Remix custom Rom. Here is how to update your Xiaomi Mi 5S to the Android Nougat with Resurrection ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now you need to do your own by following the below given steps. But proceeding, you should meet the pre-requirements, note that we will not take any responsibility, so only proceed for the update if you read and understand clearly the instruction.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP Recovery before installing this Rom. Morover, you need to make a full backup for your device, as your device data can be lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update. Keep at least 50% battery left to keep out of unexpected issues during flashing the Custom ROM update. Now let’s see how to flash Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix Rom on Xiaomi Mi 5S.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix Rom on Xiaomi Mi 5S
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM & Gapps for your Mi 5S on your computer.
- Plug your device to your PC using a USB Type-C cable and copy the ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your handset.
- After that, power off your device, unplug the USB cable, and put it into the custom TWRP recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose “wipe data/factory reset,” “wipe cache partition” from menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Mi 5S so that there is no bugs happening with the new Rom.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the Resurrection Remix Rom. zip from your device.
- Reboot into recovery again and flash the Nougat Google Apps package
- Once done, return to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 1S
That’s all you have to do. Wait for your device to reboot. Now you can taste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Xiaomi Mi 5S. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.