Hello all Xiaomi Mi Mix users! You feel bored with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version, and you want to update to your handset to the newer Android version but don’t how to do. However, we congratulate you that your Mi Mix can now update to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS custom Rom. Here is how to update your Xiaomi Mi Mix to the Android Nougat with LineageOS ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably get issues which you have never seen before. Now you need to do your own by following the given steps below. But before that you need to meet the pre-requirements, and remember that we will not take any responsibility, so only proceed for the update if you understand the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP Recovery before installing this Rom. Besides, you need to make a full backup for your device, as your device data can be lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device to easily connect before the update. Maintain at least 50% battery left to keep out of unexpected issues during flashing the Custom ROM update. Now let’s see how to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS Rom on Xiaomi Mi Mix
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM & Gapps for your Mi Mix on your computer.
- Plug your device to your PC using a standard USB Type-C cable and transfer the ROM file and the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device.
- After that, switch off your device, detach the USB Type-C cable, and put it into the custom TWRP recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your MI Mix so that there is no bugs happening with the new Rom.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the LineageOS ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery again and flash the Nougat 7.1 Google Apps package
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 1S
That’s all you have to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Now your device can taste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Xiaomi Mi Mix. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.