After the release for Galaxy S4 Verizon, the LineageOS custom Rom is now available for other Galaxy S4 variants. Now other S4 users can experience the smoother and more powerful Android 7.1.1 version on your handset. This new ROM will add newest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your S4. So if you want to upgrade further you smartphone, in this post, we shall show you step-by-step guide to flash the Android 7.1.1 LineageOS ROM on your Galaxy S4.
However, before flashing the Rom, you should meet some pre-requirements. First, you need to make sure the latest Custom Recovery image is already installed on your handset. The new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face some bugs in your device for which we will not take any responsibility.
Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy S4 I9505 Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Moreover, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device before the update. Keep at least 60% power backup to avoid unexpected shutdown during installing update. Another important thing is making a full back of your handset so that you will not permanently lose any important data.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM and Gapps file for your S4 I9505.
- Then connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and transfer the Custom 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After that, switch off your Smartphone, and boot it into recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button altogether for a few seconds. After that, press the Volume Down button, and your device now is in custom recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now, swipe to Install and wait still the files get flashed on your Galaxy S4 I9505 one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S4 I9505 to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence must not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall find out solutions for you.