Hello Galaxy S4 Verizon users! If you are interested in experiencing a smoother and more powerful Android version on your device, we have now great news for you. One new great Nougat ROM is available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon. The Custom ROM is Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and based on the latest Lineage builds. This new ROM will add newest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your S4 Verizon.
Since it’s not an official update, so it might cause the warranty loss of your Galaxy S4 and you can’t retrieve it back. Moreover, before flashing this Custom ROM, you need to make sure the latest Custom Recovery image is already installed on your handset. The new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face some bugs in your device for which we will not take any responsibility.
Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy S4 Verizon Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Moreover, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device before the update. Keep at least 70% power to avoid unexpected shutdown during installing update. Another important thing is making a full back of your Galaxy S4 so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your handset.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM and Gapps file for your S4 Verizon.
- Then plug your device to your PC using a USB cable and move the Custom 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, switch off your Smartphone, and boot it into recovery mode by hold-pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button altogether for a few seconds, then press the Volume Down button, and your device now is in custom recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now swipe to Install and wait still the files get flashed on your Galaxy S4 one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S4 Verizon Smartphone to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence must not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.