Dear all Galaxy Note II users! If you feel the Android version on your device is very outdated and want to experience a smoother and more powerful version on your handset, we have now great news for you. One new great Nougat ROM is available for the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It is Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and based on the latest LineageOS builds. This new ROM will add latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Galaxy Note II.
However, before flashing this Custom ROM, you need to make sure the latest Custom Recovery image is already installed on your handset. Although, the new Android firmware will bring considerable changes in your device and make it more noteworthy to use, you might face some bugs at the same time in your device for which we will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) Smartphone, so if you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, it might get bricked. Moreover, you should enable the USB Debugging option in your device for the easy connection before the update. Keep at least 70% power to avoid unexpected shutdown during installing update. Another important thing is making a full back of your Galaxy Note II so that you will not permanently lose any important data on your handset.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM and Gapps file for your Note II (GT-N7100).
- Then plug your device to your PC using a USB cable and move the Custom 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, switch off your Smartphone, and boot it into recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power button altogether for a few seconds, then press the Volume Down button, and your device now is in custom recovery mode.
- In Recovery, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” option and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now swipe to Install and wait still the files get flashed on your Note II one after another.
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
Congratulation! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Note II smartphone to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is simple and hence does not create any issues for you. If you still face any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.