Dear all Google LTE Nexus 9 users! Do you know that your device can now get the official new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image files? If you want to know how to flash this factory image, then you should check all the instruction we’ve posted in this tutorial.
Android 7.1.1 adds new features for your handset uncluding: new emoji, Smart Storage, Support Google tab, new call screen, app shortcuts, reset button in power menu, and so many more.
Before flashing, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for Google LTE Nexus 9. If you install it on any other Android devices, it can get bricked the device.
- It will delete all the data inside the buit-in memory, so you need to make a full backup first.
- Your computer needs to be installed Android SDK and Google USB drivers
- Turn on the USB Debugging from the LTE Nexus 9 in Developer Options section
- Charge the battery up to at least 60% to ensure there is no issue during installing Nougat Factory Image process.
- Note that we don’t take responsible in case your device gets bricked, or you lose any important data files in the process.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for the LTE Nexus 9
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image from here.
- Once downloaded, extract the file and move it to the platform-tools
(It can be obtained after setting up the Android SDK on your computer).
- Power off your LTE Nexus 9
- Boot the device into Fastboot Modeby pressing and holding altogether the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons for a few seconds until you see the fastboot mode on the screen
- Connect your LTE Nexus 9 to the computer using a USB cable. In case your computer cannot recognize your device, you have to reinstall the Google USB drivers.
- Go to Platform-tools folder and open the cmdhere by pressing and holding the Shift key while and right clicking on any blank space on the screen
( Here, type fastboot oem unlock first to unlock the bootloader of your handset)
- Back to platform-tools folder; double click on the flash-all.bat script to start the flashing process. Then, confirm the installation.
- After flashing the Android 7.1.1 Factory Image has done, your LTE Nexus 9 will reboot in normal mode.
Also see: How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for Google Nexus 5X
These are all the steps that you need to do to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for your Google LTE Nexus 9. If you find it useful, feel free to leave your comments in the section below.