Hello all Google Nexus 5X users! We have good news for you that the official new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image files are now ready for all the Nexus 5X devices. In this post, we will tell you how to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Factory Image for Google Nexus 5X.
Android 7.1.1 adds new features for your handset uncluding: new emoji, Smart Storage, Support Google tab, new call screen, app shortcuts, reset button in power menu, and so many more.
Before flashing, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for Google Nexus 5X. If you flash it on any other Android devices, it can end to brick the device.
- It will format all the data inside the internal memory, so you should make a full backup first.
- Your computer needs to install Android SDK and Google usb drivers
- Turn on the USB Debugging and the OEM Unlock option from the Nexus 5X Developer Options
- Charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure it will not die during installing Nougat Factory Image process.
- Note that we don’t take responsible in case you brick the device, or you lose any important data files in the process.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for the Nexus 5X
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image (name NMF26F) from here.
- Once downloaded, extract the file and move it to the platform-tools
(It can be obtained while setting up the Android SDK on your computer).
- Power off your Nexus 5X
- Boot the Nexus 5X in Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. In case your computer cannot recognize your device, you have to reinstall the Google USB drivers.
- Go to Platform-tools folder and open the cmd here by pressing and holding the Shift key while and right clicking on any blank space on the screen
( Unlock the bootloader of your handset by typing fastboot flashing unlock. Then confirm the process.)
- Back to platform-tools folder; double click on the flash-all.batscript to start the flashing process. Then, confirm the installation.
- After flashing the Android 7.1.1 Factory Image has done, you can now reboot your Nexus 5X in normal mode.
Also see: How to update Android 7.1 Nougat for Nexus 4
These are all the steps that you need to do to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for your Google Nexus 5X. Feel free to leave your comments in the section below.