If you are a T-Mobile HTC One M8 Smartphone user then you will be happy to know that you can now install the most recent Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System on your Smartphone. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the T-Mobile HTC One M8 is now available, though not via OTA but through Custom ROM. The Custom ROM has been introduced by the Senior XDA Dev & is named Android 6.0 Marshmallow SD RedBulled v2.0. Though n0t official, but the Custom ROM is safe to use and hence there is nothing to hesitate to try it out.
However, because this is an unofficial Custom ROM update, so you might face certain issues in your Smartphone that will seem absolutely out world to you. Though the users have specified nothing in particular, but assuming any such disturbance will not be a bad idea. So if anything such happens, then we shall not stand responsible and you will be solely blamed for that. Now it’s time to take a look on the points that are quite essential before initiating the update. Make sure that you follow the steps exactly as mentioned to wrap up the update process successfully.
Among the important needs, your T-Mobile HTC One M8 must be rooted & updated with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM or TWRP) before update. You need to create a complete backup for your T-Mobile HTC One M8 since your data might vanish during installation. You need to install the HTC One M8 drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Smartphone. Don’t forget to disable any Antivirus program you run on both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your T-Mobile HTC One M8 to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update T-Mobile HTC One M8 with Marshmallow Custom ROM
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow SD RedBulled ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your T-Mobile HTC One M8.
- After connect your T-Mobile HTC One M8 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your handset. After switch off your device, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to the SD card of your handset in step II.
- Now click Install to start the installation process which will take around 5 mns.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your device.
- Once the update is finished, reurn to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your T-Mobile HTC One M8 Smartphone will reboot automatically now. If rebooted without issues, then you are all done. If faced any issues, get back to me using the comment section so that I’ll try to get some solution for you.