The official Android 6.0.1Marshmallow update now comes with the Galaxy A5 DUOS devices. If you own a Galaxy A5 DUOS, you can go to the Settings > About Phone > System Update to check the update via OTA for your device. However, not all users can upgrade their A5 DUOS to the new firmware at the same time. Therefore, if the update is not available for your device, you can still install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy A5 DUOS manually by using Odin flashing tool.
No matter you are an advanced or normal user, you can confidently use the Odin app to flash the update, then this is our tutorial that you should follow to update your Samsung Galaxy A5 DUOS to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This guide is only for Galaxy A5 DUOS. Do not try to install the firmware on other Samsung devices. You should verify the model once again by going to Settings > About Phone, the model number must be A500H.
We do not take responsibility for any kind of damage like bricking, losing data occurring with your A5 DUOS during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
( Also see: How to update Verizon Galaxy Tab S T707V to official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)
Before Getting Started:
- Check the USB Debugging Mode on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options >turn it If you do not see, just tap 7 times on Build number inside About phone section.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer
- The root access will be lost when you update your device to this firmware
- Ensure the battery is at least about 50% before doing the process.
How to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy A5 A500H
- Back up all your data via Google account if there is something unlucky while performing the installation.
- Download the 6.0.1 firmware of the Galaxy A5 DUOS, here
- Once done, extract the Rom file on your PC. You will obtain the A500HXXU1CPH5 tar.md5 Do not unzip the tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin 3.10 version from here. After the download is done, extract the file.
- Now, you need to power off your device
- Next, boot you A5 into Odin Mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume Down + Home button, then press the PowerHold three buttons together for some seconds. A warning screen with a yellow exclamation mark will appear, press the Volume Up key to enter Odin Mode
- Open Odin.exe with administrator on your computer.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB cable. Wait for a while so that Odin can detect your device. The ID: COM gateway in Odin will turn blue and you can see the “Added!” line in the Odin’s diary. In case it does not have the “Added!”, you have to reinstall Samsung USB driver and restart your computer.
- Click on “Options” tab and make sure ‘re-partition’ box is disabled.
- Now, click on the AP/PDAbutton in Odin, and open A500HXXU1CPH5 tar.md5 Wait some minutes for Odin load it in.
- Once done, click on Start button to proceed with installation.
When the process is complete, you will see the PASS on the Odin app, and your devices will reboot and start installing the update. Unplug you device, and wait for the reboot. Now your A5 DUOS runs at Android 6.0.1.