Dear all Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU users. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available for your tablet. While the device by default run the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, now it can be further be upgraded to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. This new firmware is about to add a number of new features on your Tab E that will drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification.
Samsung releases the official update OTA, but not all of you can receive the new Marshmallow update at the same time. If you cannot wait until Samsung pushes the Android Marshmallow in your region, then you can manually flash it, follow the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model correctly before performing the update, as the update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU and if you implement the same in other Android devices, it might brick your device or create bugs in it. We will not remain responsible for any sort of issues due to the update process.
- Back up all important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU first as the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers as the drivers helps you connect your Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU to your PC easier. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings >Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your tablet battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power left before starting the update.
Steps to Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU
- First, download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow T560NUUES1BPL1 file for your Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU and extract it on your Computer. Then, download Odin v3.12.zip.
- Then boot your Galaxy Tab E into download mode by powering off your tablet first and then long-press its Volume Down + Power + Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Down Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Tab E to the PC using USB cable and launch Odin.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your handset to your PC is successful.
- Now, select “AP/PDA” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure to uncheck re-partition
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab E reboots
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version. Browse through to experience the new Marshmallow features in your tablet. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.