Great news for all Samsung Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (S-Pen Model) users. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available for your tablet. While the device by default run the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, now it can be further be upgraded to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. This new firmware is about to add a number of new features on your Tab A that will drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification.
Samsung releases the official update OTA, but not all of you can receive the new Marshmallow update at the same time. If you don’t want to wait until Samsung pushes the Android Marshmallow in your region, then you can manually flash it, follow the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device name and model correctly before performing the update, as the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (S-Pen Model) and if you implement the same in other Android devices, it might brick your device or create bugs in it. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of issues due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (S-Pen Model) need to be backed up first as the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be available for use.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers as the drivers will help you connect your Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by going to Menu > Settings > Application
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings >Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power left before starting the update.
Steps to Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (S-Pen Model)
- First, download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow P350XXU1BPF1 file for your Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-P350) and extract it on your Computer. Then, download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then boot your Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 into download mode by first powering off your tablet and then press and hold its Volume Down + Power + Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Down Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (S-Pen Model) to the PC using USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your handset to your PC is successful.
- Now, launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Marshmallow folder. Make sure to uncheck re-partition
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-P350) restarts
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the update of your Samsung Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-P350) to the Android 6.0.1 firmware. Browse through to experience the new Marshmallow features in your tablet. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.