If you have a Samsung Galaxy A3 Smartphone and you are running the latest Android Lollipop (both Lollipop 5.0.2 & Lollipop 5.1.1) on it, then you might want to install the latest TWRP Recovery in it. Installing the TWRP on your device removes the factory and default restrictions from your handset and enables you to customize your Smartphone in a way you want. Because the handset comes with a stock recovery image, so it makes the access minimal after providing you access to make changes within your Android OS. But by updating your device with a Custom recovery, you can customize your Smartphone in a way you want.
This latest Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy A3 carries the version no 18.104.22.168 and has been developed by the xda-developers and is an optimized and customized version of the stock and official TWRP platform. So it will not create any issues in your Galaxy A3, though not have been derived from the TWRP Team. So if you are interested to enjoy this stable Custom Recovery image on your handset, then follow the steps given in this article. Make sure not to skip a single step as it might end in bricking or bugging your device.
NB: Remember, this tutorial is meant for the Samsung Galaxy A3 handset with the model numbers A300H, A300F and A300FU.
The tutorial is distinctively prepared for the Samsung Galaxy A3 and hence you must not use it for any other device. Doing so might bring you a bizzard experience, since your device might underground certain bricks and bugs.
Rather, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A3 following the given tutorial is your sole responsibility and TechGipsy will not bear any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss or SD card issues of your device, that might occur because of the installation. So, you are highly recommended to read and understand the article properly before you start the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy A3 device
- One Windows System/Laptop
- Original Data Cable (Install Galaxy A3 drivers on your PC to connect it with your Smartphone)
- Keep full back up of all important data including music, video, images etc.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Section of your Smartphone.
- Before you start the installation, ensure that your Smartphone has at least 60% power back up.
Now follow the Step-By-Step-Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A3 Smartphone device.
Steps to Update
- First of all the TWRP Recovery file for your Galaxy A3 Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A3 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button & Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy A3 into download mode.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy A3 to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted TWRP Recovery folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy A3 restarts.
You will not face any issues following the given procedure to flash the TWRP File on your Samsung Galaxy A3. Still you face any issues, contact me in the comment section. I shall be there to help you out.