A brand new Nougat Custom ROM has just recently been available for the Google Nexus 5X Smartphone users. You can now flash the latest Android 7.1 Nougat on your Smartphone, thanks to CM team who have brought this new ROM for the Google Nexus 5X users. But how to flash this firmware on your Smartphone? Very simple. You will be guided through the steps here. Read the steps properly before initiating the process.
Before starting the update, you must create a nandroid backup for your Smartphone. But before that your handset must be unlocked Bootloader, rooted and installed with the latest TWRP Recovery image. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process. You need to install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Nexus 5X.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. Therefore, you must make a promise to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM and Gapps for your Google Nexus 5X Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device. After switching off your Smartphone, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Google Nexus 5X.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and choose “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update LG Nexus 5X (H790, H791) to Android 7.0 Nougat XperianZ Pixel V3 ROM
That’s all! Wait still your device reboots. Once rebooted, your Google Nexus 5 will be all ready to enjoy the new Android 7.1 Nougat specs on your handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting, and news.