Hello you. Guys! Do you know that you can now install the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4C. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and brings for you the superior Android Nougat experience by adding the new Lineage Custom ROM features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4C Smartphone? I have a step-by-step guide below for you to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s a little tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for you. Before starting the Custom ROM update, you must have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
Before flashing the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Xiaomi Mi 4C Smartphone and install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to make a complete backup of your important data. You also need to install the Xiaomi Mi 4C drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Don’t forget to keep at least 70% power left in your Xiaomi device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may be bricked.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is only for the Xiaomi Mi 4C Smartphone and hence you should not use in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as I will not take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 on Xiaomi Mi 4C
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file for your Xiaomi Mi 4C and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Mi 4C, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Xiaomi Mi 4C handset. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Mi 4C Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Xiaomi Mi 4C will boot up right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 7.1.1. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Xiaomi Mi 4C post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let me know using the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.