Although Xiaomi has stopped the updates for Mi 4C, that does not means Mi 4C users cannot get the latest Android version on their device. If you are having a Xiaomi Mi 4C smartphone, and want to taste the latest Android 7.1.2 version on your device, then we have the new Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS ROM on your device. The ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and brings the superior Nougat experience by adding the new features on your device.
However, how we can flash this new Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4C Smartphone. Here is a step-by-step guide to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s a little tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new interesting ROM is not for you. Before starting update, you need to have a detailed knowledge of the update process.
Before flashing the Custom ROM, you need to root and install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your Xiaomi Mi 4C. Also make a full backup of your important data. Don’t forget to keep at least 50% power backup in your device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is only meant for the Xiaomi Mi 4C, so hence you should not use in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update and we will not take responsibility if any issue is created during the update.
Also read: Android 7.0 Nougat Rom on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 on Xiaomi Mi 4C
- First of all download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file and then the Gapps file for your Xiaomi Mi 4C.
- After that, plug your phone to your PC using USB cable & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Mi 4C, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Xiaomi Mi 4C handset. To start installation, tap on the “install” and select the Lineage Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Next, swipe to start the installation and wait until it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Mi 4C.
- Once done, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Mi 4C will boot up right away without any issues. After that, you can browse through your device to experience the Android 7.1.2. Definitely let’s know the changes that you see in your Xiaomi Mi 4C post update.