Your Xiaomi Mi 4 can now install the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM. The Custom ROM is built on the latest Lineage version and brings for you the superior Android Nougat experience by adding the new Android Nougat features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone? Don’t’ worry as we have a step-by-step guide below for you to instruct you to install the update. Of course, it’s a little hard for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for you. Before starting the Custom ROM update, you must have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
First, you need to root your Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone and install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to create a full backup of your important data. Don’t’ forget to install the Xiaomi Mi 4 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 70% power left in your Xiaomi device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may be bricked.
The latest Lineage Custom ROM update is only for the Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone and hence you should not use in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we will not remain responsible if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1 Lineage OS on Xiaomi Mi 4
- First of all download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file for your Xiaomi Mi 4 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Next, turn off your Xiaomi Mi 4, unplug the USB cable, and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Xiaomi Mi 4 device. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Mi 4.
- Once done, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Xiaomi Mi 4 will boot up right away without any issues. You can then browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 7.1. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Xiaomi Mi 4 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issues.