We today have great news for you. Do you know that you can now install the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Lineage OS ROM on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2. The Custom ROM is based on the Marshmallow build and brings for you the great Android Marshmallow experience by adding the new Lineage Custom ROM features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 tablet? I have a step-by-step guide below for you to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s a little tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Marshmallow Custom ROM is not for you. Before starting the Custom ROM update, you must have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
Before flashing the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 tablet and install a Custom Recovery (TWRP or CWM). Also, you need to create a full backup of your important data. You need to install the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your tablet. Don’t forget to keep at least 70% power left to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may be bricked.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is only for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and hence you should not use in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as I will not take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
- First of all download the Android Marshmallow Lineage Custom ROM file for your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your tablet to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then power off your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 tablet. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Lineage OS 13.0 Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 will boot up right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Definitely let me know the changes that you mark in your Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let me know using the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.