The Micromax A 116 is one of the much popular Smartphones in its class with 5″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display, Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB Internal memory, 8MP Rear Camera and many more. While before this Smartphone was running the default Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS, now the users can enjoy the newest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS in their handsets. But for that they have to flash the CyanogenMod 12.0 Based Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM in their devices. The firmware can be flashed manually in their handset by following the below mentioned steps.
Kudos to XDA Developers for bringing this update. But it remember that the ROM is still in alpha stage and hence not official. Being not the official ROM, it might contain certain bugs which can harm your device. We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any issues or bugs in your device. Primarily you are also advised to use this firmware in any spare device if you have. Follow the steps properly to flash the ROM in your Micromax A 116 Smartphone.
This update is exclusively purposed for the Micromax A116 Smartphone. If you use this file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Micromax A116 Smartphone. Make sure to install the Micromax A116 drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash CyanogenMod 12.0 ROM on Micromax A116
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 12.0 ROM, WiFi temporary patch file (http://d-h.st/nl0) & Gapps (search from Google) for your Micromax A116 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the ROM and the other files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose and install the files that you moved to your SD card in step II, one after another.
- Wait still the firmwares are flashed in your Micromax A116 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it. Now your Smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM firmware in your handset. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the commengt section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.