Google has recently rolled out the Android O Developer Preview factory image files for your Nexus 6P. If you have a Google Nexus 6P and want to get this factory image installed on your handset, you should follow the instructions showed in this tutorial.
However, before getting started, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for Google Nexus 6P. If you flash it on any other Android devices, it can end up bricking the device.
- The process will format all data inside the internal memory; so you should make a full backup first.
- Your computer needs to pre-install Android SDK and Google usb drivers
- Enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options section of the Nexus 6P
- Charge your battery up to at least 50% to ensure it will not brick during installing Android O Factory Image process.
- Finally, note that we do not take responsibility if your device get bricked, or lose any important data files in the process.
Steps to install Android O Factory Image for the Nexus 6P
- First, download Android O Developer Preview factory image file from here.
- Once done, extract the Factory Image file and move it to the platform-tools
(The folder will appear after setting up the Android SDK toolkit on your computer).
- Next power off your Nexus 6P, then boot your handset into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds
- After that, connect it to the computer using a USB cable. If your computer cannot identify your device, you need to reinstall the Google USB drivers.
- Go to Platform-tools folder, open the cmd by pressing and holding the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space on the screen.
- Now, unlock the bootloader of your handset by typing fastboot flashing unlock. Then confirm the process. If you’ve done it before, you should skip this step.
- Back to thefolder and double click on the flash-all.bat script of Android O Developer Preview OS to start the flashing process. Then, confirm the flashing process.
- After flashing the Android O Preview Factory Image is complete, reboot your Nexus 6P.
Also see: How to update Android 7.1 Nougat for Nexus 4
These are all the steps that you need to do to flash the Android O Developer Preview Factory Image for your Google Nexus 6P. If you see it useful, feel free to leave your comments in the section below.