Might Google has not revealed the Android M OS for the users till now, but it can’t provoke you from testing the Android preview version on your handset. If you are a LG G3 handset user, then this opportunity is exclusively available for you. As in my previous article I had told you that Senior XDA Developer manups4e has brought a new Preview Android M ROM for you to test on your handset, so you can flash this firmware on your device by following the given procedure.
But here I would like to warn you that the firmware is only meant for the advanced Android users and hence should be used only for testing purposes. Being the Custom ROM is under developing stage and not stable, so there is no question that the firmware to be fully functional. Even the basic phone features such as sms, calls, radio etc. will not function in your device. So think twice at least initiating the process as there are chances of your device getting messed up really bad. You will also loose the warranty of your LG G3 handset after flashing this Android M preview ROM on your handset. Get known that we shall not remain responsible for any such inconvenience created to your device due to the update. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements got this update.
This update is exclusively purposed for the LG G3 handset Smartphone and so the firmware shouldn’t be used in any other Smartphone. If you use this instillation file in any other device, there are chances of your device getting bugged or bricked. Forget not to root your handset and install the latest Recovery Image on it as the firmware only can be flashed to your handset via a Custom Recovery image (as it’s in .zip format).
Apart, create a complete Nandroid back up of your LG G3 Smartphone, as there are chances of your phone loosing all data during the update. Close all the antivirus program you are using on your smartphone and PC and also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your LG G3 Smartphone. Install the LG G3 drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your Smartphone easily to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android M Preview ROM on LG G3
- First of all download the Android M.zip Custom ROM file for your LG G3 and place it on your desktop. No need to unzip the file.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the .zip file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and it wait still the firmware is flashed on your LG G3 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Great! Now you are done with the flashing process. In case you want to go back to the stock Android OS, then don’t forget to make use of the Nandroid backup you have made. In case of any issue, let me know in the comment section.