Hello Moto Z Play users! Today, we bring a very good news for you. That’s your Moto Z Play smartphone can now update to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo with the help of LineageOS Custom ROM. This new Rom is based on the latest build of LineageOS 15.0 build & comes with a number of new Android 8.0 features. If you feel interested this ROM, here is how to update your Moto Z Play smartphone with the Android Oreo LineageOS ROM.
But before getting started, you should first meet some requirements. Your device should be installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery to flash the ROM. Besides, remember to make a full backup for your handset as your device data can vanish during the update. Among other important requirements, you should disable any antivirus link if you are using in your computer. Charge your phone to at least 50% power to avoid unexpected issues during flashing the Custom ROM. Finally, before performing the installation, remember that we won’t remain responsible, so just proceed the update if you really dare to take your own risk. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 8.0 Oreo Lineage ROM on Moto Z Play.
Steps To Flash Android 8.0 Lineage OS Rom on Moto Z Play
- First, download the Android 8.0 Lineage custom ROM & Gapps for your Moto Z Play
- Then, plug your device into your computer using an USB cable and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device. After that, power off your device, unplug the USB cable, and put it into the recovery mode.
- Here, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Z Play.
- Then choose the option “Install” and flash the ROM.zip on your device.
- Reboot into recovery again and continue to flash the Google Apps package
- Once the process is complete, back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see:Install Custom Recovery On Google Pixel on Android 8.0 OPR6 Oreo Firmware
That’s all you need to do! Wait for your Z Play to reboot. Great! Now you can taste the Android 8.0 Oreo features on your device. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out solutions for you.