The Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone can now be updated to the newest Android 7.1 Nougat Cm14.1 ROM. This ROM is a free, community build ROM which aims at augmenting the functionalities of your Samsung Galaxy S5. The Custom ROM is based on the latest CM14.1 build & adds a number of improvements to your handset. Now in this article, we shall guide you through the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone with the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Samsung Galaxy S5 might occur issues, which you might have never faced before. Now question arises, How to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. TechGipsy will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
Besides, your Samsung Galaxy S5 needs to be rooted and installed with the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before starting the update. Apart, you need to make a complete backup for your Galaxy as your device data might vanish during the update. You must install the Samsung USB drivers on your device to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update and after disable it. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device and PC. Maintain at least 60% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
- First, download the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM & Gapps for your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After that, power off your Samsung Galaxy S5, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card.
- Now install the files one after another in your Android device and wait still the files are flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the recovery menu in your device and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to get Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S4
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device reboots. Great!! Now you can test the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Samsung Galaxy S5. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.