Dear all Xiaomi Redmi 1S users. Today, we’d like to bring great news for you. Do you know that your Redmi 1S can now update to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat version with the CM 14.1 Rom from Cynogenmods team. This new Rom includes many new features to your handset. Here is how to update your Xiaomi Redmi 1S with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now you need to do the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements, note that we will not take any responsibility, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP Recovery before flashing Rom. Besides, you need to make a complete backup for your device as your device data can get lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update. Maintain at least 75% battery left to keep out of unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s see how to flash Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Steps to install Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 Rom on Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Redmi 1S to your computer.
- Connect your device to your PC using USB cable and transfer the ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device.
- After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into the custom TWRP recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Redmi 1S.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to install Android 7.1 CM14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi4
That’s all you have to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Now your device can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.