Hello guys! Today, we have a good news for you. Guess what! Your Moto X 2014 Smartphone can now update to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat OS. This Rom is based on the latest CM14.1 build of Android 7.1 Nougat build & adds a range of new features to your device. Here is how to update your Moto X 2014 Smartphone with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Besides, you need to make a full backup for your device since your device data can get lost during the update. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device. You should keep at least 70% power left to avoid unwanted issues during the Custom ROM update. But before performing the installation, note that we will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Moto X 2014
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat on Moto X 2014
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Moto X 2014
- Then plug your device into your PC via USB cable and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your handset. After that, turn off your device, unplug the USB cable, and boot it into the recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Moto X 2014.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to install Android 7.1 CM14.1 ROM on Moto G 2015
That’s all you have to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Moto X 2014. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.