The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has ever been the most high-end smartphone. However, the devices still stops at Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and there is no detail on the Android Nougat. But if you are having a Note 4 and eager to experience a newer Android version, we now have a new ROM for you. The Custom ROM will bring for you the superior Android Nougat experience with the new features on your device. If you feel like this ROM, here is a step-by-step guide to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s a little tough for the newbies. However, that doesn’t mean the new Custom ROM is not for you.
Before flashing the Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) for your Note 4. Also remember to make a full backup of your important data. Finally, charge your device to at least 50% to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Custom ROM is only for the Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F, so you should not flash it on other devices. It’s your responsibility to perform the update and we will not take responsibility if any issue is created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- First of all, download the Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM file for your Note 4 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your device to your computer & move both the downloaded files to the internal storage/ sd card of your device.
- Then switch off your Note 4, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by holding pressing the Volume Up+ Home + Power buttons at a same time
- Here, make a clear data & cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Now install the downloaded files on your device by tapping on the “install” and select the Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Note 4.
- After the process is completed, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Your Samsung Note 4 will now boot up without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your device to taste the Android 7.1.2. Let’s know the changes in your Note 4. In case you have any issue, feel free to let us know in the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issues.