Hello all Samsung Galaxy J7 users! Do you feel bored with the stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your device? If yes, we now have a new interesting Android 7.1.1 ROM for your handset. This new ROM brings the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your handset. So, if you feel interested in flashing this ROM on your J7, follow the step-by-step guide to install it on your device.
However, before proceeding, there are some certain requirements you should meet first:
- Back up all of the important data on your Galaxy J7 as the process will delete all of them
- Your device needs to pre-installed a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM
- A computer with the Samsung USB driver preloaded for the easier connection
- Enable the USB Debugging option in Settings> Developer Options on your Galaxy J7
- Charge your device’s battery to at least 50% power to avoid unwanted issues during flashing the custom ROM
- Remember, this update is only for the Galaxy J7 2015 smartphone, so if you use this Custom ROM file in other devices, it will get bricked.
Once done, let’s see how to flash Android 7.1.1 ROM on your Galaxy J7
Steps To Flash Android 7.1.1 On Galaxy J7 2015
- First of all, download the Android 7.1.1 custom ROM and Gapps file for your Galaxy J7 2015 and save them to the desktop of your computer
- After that, plug your handset to your computer with the help of a USB cable and move the Custom 7.1.1 ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. Now, switch off your smartphone, and boot it into custom recovery mode by holding and pressing its Home, Volume up and Power buttons for 5 seconds, then press the Volume Down key to boot your device boot into custom recovery.
- Here, choose wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache options from the recovery menu
- Next tap on “Install” and choose Install .zip from SD Card option, and select the files that you moved to your SD card
- Now swipe to Install and wait until the files get flashed on your J7 2015 one after another.
- Once done, return to the recovery menu and reboot your device
Also read: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Docomo Galaxy S2
That’s all you need to do! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy J7 2015 smartphone to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Updating your device is very easy and hence does not create any issues for you. But in case you still have any issues, ping us back in the comment section. We shall find out a solution for you.