Dear all Google Nexus 6P users! The official new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image files are now available for all the Nexus 6P smartphone. Your Google Nexus 6P device is now getting the Android 7.1.1 Update files, but not all users are receiving the new official firmware update at the same time as others. So in this post, we will show you how to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for Google Nexus 6P.
Android 7.1.1 adds new features for your handset including: new emoji, Smart Storage, Support Google tab, new call screen, app shortcuts, reset button in power menu, and so many more.
Before flashing, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for Google Nexus 6P. If you do it on any other Android devices, it can brick the device.
- Doing this format all the data inside the internal storage, so you need make a full backup first.
- Your computer needs to install Android SDK and Google usb drivers
- Turn on the USB Debugging and the OEM Unlock option from the Nexus 6P Developer Options
- Charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure nothing happen during installing Nougat Factory Image process.
- Note that we don’t take responsible in case you brick the device, or you lose any important data files in the process.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for the Nexus 6P
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image from here.
- Once done, change the file’s name to zip so that you can easily install the updating file on your device.
- Move zip file to the platform-toolsfolder (It can be obtained after setting up the Android SDK on your computer).
- Power off your Nexus 6P
- Boot the Nexus 6P in Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding both the Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds. Then select apply update from adb options
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. If your computer cannot recognize your device, just reinstall the Google USB drivers.
- Type in the following command prompt to start the updating process: adb sideload update.zip (do not press any key until the update is complete)
- After installing the Android 7.1.1 Factory Image has done, reboot your Nexus 6P in normal mode.
Also see: How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for Google Nexus 5X
These are all steps that you need to do to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image on your Google Nexus 6P. Do you think it useful? Feel free to leave your comments in the section below.