Good news for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone users. Now you can install the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM on your handset. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and will bring you the superior Android Nougat experience by adding the new Lineage Custom ROM features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone? Very simple. I have a step-by-step guide below for you which will lead you through the update. Of course, it’s bit tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean that the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for them. Before initiating the Custom ROM update, they must have a detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
Before moving to the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone and install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to create a full backup of your important data before starting the process. You need to install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Make sure to keep at least 70% power left in your Xiaomi device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is especially meant for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone and hence should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your device.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Then switch off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 handset. To start installation, click on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Custom ROM file that you moved to the inbuilt storage in step II.
- Swipe to start the installation process. Wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and press “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 2
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Smartphone should start right away without any issues. Once started you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android 7.1.1, goodies. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let me know using the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.