Hello Nigerian Tenco W4 Smartphone users! After a long wait, you can now upgrade your handset to the most recent Android 7 Nougat OS. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM is now available for your handset. The Custom ROM is based on the Lineage build and brings the ultimate Nougat experience for you by adding many new features to your device. If you are interested for this ROM, then we have a step-by-step guide for you to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s bit tough to the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for them. But you must get a complete idea of the flashing process before update.
Before starting the Custom ROM update, you need to install the latest TWRP Recovery image on your Nigerian Tenco W4. Also you need to make a full backup of all your important data before starting. You need to install the Nigerian Tenco W4 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Keep at least 60% power backup in your device to get rid of unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The new Lineage ROM update is only for the Nigerian Tenco W4 Smartphone, so you should not use it on any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to choose the update process and we shall never take responsibility if any issue or bug created during the update on your handset.
Steps to Update Android Lineage OS on Nigerian Tenco W4
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM file for your Nigerian Tenco W4 and then the Gapps file.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device by going to Settings> Developer Options.
- Next, plug your device to your PC using USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal Storage/SD Card of your device.
- Then switch off your Nigerian Tenco W4, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Now wipe data and clear cache your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then selecting “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now, it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Galaxy Handset. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Custom ROM file that you moved to your handset in step 2.
- Then, swipe to start the installation process. Wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Nigerian Tenco W4.
- After installation of both the files are successful, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Nigerian Tenco W4 will start automatically without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your Smartphone to experience the Android Nougat features. Definitely let’s know the changes you see in your Nigerian Tenco W4 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issue.