Hello all Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 users! You see your device is running an quite outdated Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version, and you want to update to your handset to the newer Android version but don’t how to do. But we congratulate you that your Redmi Note 3 can now update to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Lineage OS Rom. Here is how to update your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon version) to the Android Nougat Lineage ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now you need to do your own just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements, note that we will not take any responsibility, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP Recovery before flashing this Rom. Besides, you need to make a full backup for your device, as your device data can be lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update. Keep maintaining at least 50% battery left to keep out of unwanted shutdown issues during installing the Custom ROM update. Now let’s see steps to flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Rom on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- First, download the Android 7.1.1 Lineage14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Redmi Note 3 on your computer.
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable and copy the ROM file and the Gapps file into the internal storage of your device.
- After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable, and put your handset into the custom TWRP recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Redmi Note 3 so that there is no bugs happening with the new Rom.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery again and flash the Nougat Google Apps package
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Rom for Xiaomi Redmi 1S
That’s all you have to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Now your device can taste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.