The Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone with the model No. XT1112 can now be updated to the new official Android 7.0 Nought AOSP ROM. This ROM is a free, community build ROM which aims at augmenting the functionalities of your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone. The Custom ROM is based on AOSP build & adds a number of improvements to your handset. Just in my previous article, I let you know the steps to flash the Electroactive v3.10 (AndroidM) Custom Kernel on your LG Nexus 5 D820 Smartphone. Now in this article, I shall guide you through the steps to update your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone with the Android N ROM.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so there are chances that your Motorola Nexus 6 might undergo issues which you might have never faced before. Now question arises, How to install this ROM on your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Smartphone might get bugged or brick during the update for the which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- Most importantly root your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your Smartphone.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your Smartphone is running the latest stock Android OS and doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC even then, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus program that you are running on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 60% battery back up on your PC so that your Motorola Nexus 6 will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android Android 7.0 Nought AOSP ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start the Installation and wait still it is flashed on your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! Finally you have wrapped things up. The installation process should wrap up now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 7.0 Nought AOSP ROM on your Motorola Nexus 6 Smartphone. In case any issues are faced during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.